Developing an image

A mental image exists in an individual's mind: something one remembers or imagines.

Every interaction with potential clients , phone conversations, advertising, web presence, appearance of a physical location, all affect one’s professional image. Your image affects what kind of client you attract and this in turn affects your reputation. Having a logo and using specific colors contribute to developing an image. Consistency in décor, stationary & brochures are important as well . Dress professionally. Consider some type of uniform that is neat and can be kept free of dog hair easily. Any advertising should be professional. Consult someone in this field if you are unsure about how to do this. Be honest. Never mislead or lie to a client. Be courteous and appreciate every ounce of business you receive. Be respectful of individual needs and requests. Have a positive attitude and do not take for granted, one moment, the business you have. And finally, deliver what you promise.


To me, a mental image of a great pet salon is someone professional & knowledgeable answering my initial phone call. My questions get answered and I am dealt with in a kind courteous way. I do not feel I am interrupting someone or bothering someone. I feel I am important! I arrive and I am greeted immediately. I see a clean uncluttered grooming salon free of debris. The stylists are dressed professionally and there is no unpleasant odors. My pet is greeted and time is given to me for a thorough consultation. I feel my directions are understood and I feel comfortable leaving my beloved pet in their care. I know when to pick up and how much it will cost me. When I return to pick my pet up I find my pet is ready and done beyond my expectations. I am not just handed my pet but I get feedback on how the groom went and when I should come back. Most importantly, I am thanked for my business.

This is a business I would return to. Granted, things happen and there may be a gliche in how the whole scenario goes. The point is to remain professional, listen to your clients a deliver what you promise.

Put yourself in a customer’s shoes and step outside your salon and look in. This is what they see. Ask yourself, would you want to do business here? Think about how you feel when you go to another business that lacks professionalism. Do you want to go back?

The competition is growing in the grooming industry. Because of the previously stated trends in business, potential business owners who would have never considered a grooming business are considering it. We cannot be complacent anymore. We need to be polished, talented, & professional to succeed.

Comments

Popular Posts